Take a deep breath, grit your teeth and let your ruthless streak run wild.
This is definitely the stage at which you need the company of a good (and honest) friend, a strong will and
concentration of a Buddhist monk.
I would advise you to go through wardrobe at the beginning of every season, asking some pretty
demanding questions of every piece:
- Does it fit?
- Is it comfortable?
- Is it flattering?
- Have I worn it in the last year?
- If not, why not?
- Is it still in fashion?
- If it's not - will it come back into fashion?
- Would I wear it if it was altered - let out, taken in, shoulder pads removed, shortened, buttons changed, dyed another colour?
Then make three piles:
The Good -- these go back into the wardrobe on the right hangers in colour families and grouped in trousers jackets
dresses blouses etc.
The Bad -- Items that need something doing i.e. Dry cleaned, mended, altered etc
The Ugly -- Items that can be sold (or swap with friends) Or sent to charity.
Spring clean wardrobe:
Once you've sorted your clothes, pay a little attention to your wardrobe.
- Vacuum throughout
- Wash down shelves and woodwork
- Replace lavender bags, moth repellents and potpourri (pretty dishes of herbs)
- Cedar wood sheets can be bought from the local joinery workshop, cabinetmaker or DIY store. These can
be used as draw liners or placed at the bottom of the wardrobe and are insect repellent and leave a nice
aromatic smell. They can be refreshed by buffing them up with sand paper.
- You can also visit www.totalwardrobecare.co.uk for many clothing care products!
The winter season is coming to an end, your favourite winter sports/ski resorts are closing and your wardrobes, draws and cupboards are crowded with excessive chunky garments and bulky equipment.
Total Wardrobe Storage can provide the perfect out of season storage solution.
Total Wardrobe Storage is a luxury storage service for those who need more space, ideal when moving, renting or travelling abroad. The expert care of your garments is our top priority, our services include.
· Delivery and collection from your home
· Photographing and Cataloguing for your personal Web Wardrobe
· Dry Cleaning Service
· Repairs and Alterations by our expert tailors
Find our more at: www.totalwardrobestorage.com
The Wardrobe Curator
All the latest news, tips and advice from Julia Dee.