We all struggle with keeping our whites white, especially over the summer period as it is the perfect colour to keep you cool over the hot Summer days!
With the wonderful Wimbledon gracing our TV's at the moment, this is the perfect time to make sure our whites are as white as possible!
We have listed our top five simple tips to keeping our whites white...
1. Separate your white clothes and fabrics from your dark clothes before doing the laundry.
2. Pre-treating stains on clothes or other fabric items before you wash them will ensure that the stain is removed and isn't "set" by the washing process.
3.Wash white clothes in hand hot water using our laundry liquid.
4. Make sure that clothes are completely rinsed. This removes all traces of dirt or grimy water that can dull the look of whites.
5. Rinse the fabric in a little vinegar and water. Hang outside in fresh air, for a fresher feel and smell.
I have picked some top outfit inspiration for the hot summer months.
1. White lace is a great way to cover up whilst still catching a breeze.
2. A white and navy stripy top is a wardrobe must have!
3. A white blazer can keep you warm when the sun goes down.
4. A crisp white shirt is a wardrobe staple, team with blue jeans for a classic chic look.
With the first day of summer just around the corner that means one thing... Holiday!
1. Wash all your bikinis, sarongs, kaftans, beach towels and other holiday bits and bobs to ensure that there are no hidden stains – these can fester and be very hard to remove if you leave them for long periods of time!
2. Take one large breathable storage box, line it with acid free tissue paper to protect your garments
3. Fold all your holiday garments and pack them neatly into the box.
4. Throw a gorgeous smelling Vetivert sachet into the box to repel moths and keep your garments smelling beautiful till your next holiday.
5. Pack all of your flip flops into a breathable shoe box.
6. Label both boxes with a description card so you can easily locate items.
1 Storage Box
1 Vetivert Drawer Sachet
1 Shoe Box
1 Pack of Description cards
25 Sheets of Acid-Free Tissue
(not gift wrapped)
A client recently made contact with me asking how to care for her gloves!
Here is the definitive answer
Step 1, buy some baby wipes or gentle hand wipes, the more expensive the better. Put some tissue inside the glove under the marks and very gently use the wipe to melt away the dirt or mark! Don’t rub….. Its magic, I know this works as I have used this on white leather shoes.
More difficult way.
Step 2, If the dirt is very stubborn. Get two buckets with warm water and spread out a small white towel on a table. Buy some very gentle hand wash. I have a lovely cashmere wash. Put some into bucket.
1. Immerse the gloves and gently swish around don’t rub too hard on any mark. Leave to soak a little. Then when the dirt has gone, shake off the soapy water and transfer to the clean bucket of water to rinse.
Again DO NOT SQUEEZE. Then remove and put onto the towel, dab at the excess water and leave to dry flat and away from direct heat.
The gloves will have lost some natural oils. Buy some clear leather conditioner, either for shoes or furniture and ideally put the gloves on and gently massage in the conditioner. Hey Presto.. clean gloves!
The Wardrobe Curator
All the latest news, tips and advice from Julia Dee.